Midwinters East, Clearwater, FL

Midwinters East, Clearwater, FL
Midwinters East, Clearwater, FL

Friday, March 26, 2010

Mid West

The 5 hour flight out was quite uneventful, and it's the first time I have seen mountains from the air. The streets of San Francisco are very steep and the cab driver was crazy! Thankfully I arrived at the venue unscathed, found the boat I am staying on, found my laser charter, and ate a pizza. Last night I got a solid eleven hours of sleep and the first race today started at a chill one in the afternoon.

The first race was cancelled due to a large lefty as I was in the lead. The wind picked up to around 12-15 knots and we had three races to follow. I had a slow start in the first one but ended up finishing seventh. The next two races I had clean starts and finished out the day with a 5 and 3. Two more days of sailing to come!!

No comments: