Midwinters East, Clearwater, FL

Midwinters East, Clearwater, FL
Midwinters East, Clearwater, FL

Monday, November 1, 2010

Fall Season

The leaves are off the trees, the temperatures are falling into the twenties at night, the water is starting to get chilly and the sailing continues in Michigan. I have officially broken out my dry suit for sailing now, which I am glad to have. My off the water training has been a big focus lately, being that sailing a Laser takes a high level of conditioning and strength. Lifting weights has been happening four to five days a week, with the idea behind this being to gain weight, strengthen my legs, and increase power. Along with lifting I also do yoga, stretching and body weight exercises that focus on increased fluidity in the boat or hitting certain muscle groups like abs or hip flexers. Running or biking has been happening five to six days a week, with the idea of increasing cardio and leg strength. All this with the exception of, if I go sailing that is the only thing I do for the day because of time constraints with school work.

The first fall clinic which is my next event with the US Sailing Team will be over Thanksgiving Weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What kind of drysuit do you wear?

I was thinking of getting one of these:
http://www.bestdrysuit.com/

scott
Point Richmond

EJ O'Mara said...

I wear a Gill Dry Suit. It is one of the more economical ones and I am very satisfied with the comfort and performance.