Midwinters East, Clearwater, FL

Midwinters East, Clearwater, FL
Midwinters East, Clearwater, FL

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sailing :D

The last couple days have been a blast! Friday I went out for the first time in my brand new laser on Lake Fenton!(couldn't have happened with out the support of Avon Sailboats) It was blowing around 16 to 18 knots and I just went out and had fun. I could feel the difference in the way the boat handled and how easily it came onto a plane. And to make it even better Urs, a fellow laser sailor, happened to be out there to race around with.

Today I traveled down to Lake St Claire to go sailing with Tom Labelle. I met him around one at a boat launch, rigged up, and went out. It started off slow, but after about half an hour we were glad we had went with the radial rigs. It picked up to around 18knots and we sailed straight up wind. We worked on our endurance and wave technique until our legs gave out. After sailing upwind that far we had a nice long run downwind. We both worked on big turns while surfing the waves and jumping over them when we could. It was a blast and we both benefited I believe, thanks Tom!

No comments: