Midwinters East, Clearwater, FL

Midwinters East, Clearwater, FL
Midwinters East, Clearwater, FL

Sunday, April 11, 2010

CISA Day Three

After three days of morning work outs, two sessions of intense training on the water, and debriefs after every one I feel like I have gotten lots of somethings accomplished. A couple things that stuck out to me was the improvement on my starting ability, a change in my downwind technique, and the ability to handle mark rounding both tactically and from a boat handling perspective. Zach and Brett have been great coaches each bringing something different to the table.

Zach has driven in the importance of goal setting for everything in sailing and also outside of sailing. Once I get on board with writing my long term, short term, and sub goals I believe it will help drive me to my destination. This along with the coaching, the sailing, and the great enjoyment I have gotten out of this grueling schedule tells me that I am ready to commit to full time training when the time comes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

EJ:
Have you seen this video?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8_7d5SvpcU&feature=player_embedded

EJ O'Mara said...

Thank you for the great video!