Midwinters East, Clearwater, FL

Midwinters East, Clearwater, FL
Midwinters East, Clearwater, FL

Monday, April 12, 2010

CISA Regatta

The last day of the CISA clinic was a day of racing. It was light in the morning but picked up to around 12knots by the time we got the first race off. This was the time to put the three days of training to the test and to work on what I had learned in a racing situation.

The first race I had a good start but let two people get leveraged out to the right side of me. I came to the windward mark in third place and proceded to pass one of the two on the downwind and kept my position for the rest of the race. The second race did not start out so well, having weeds on my centerboard for the first half of the upwind. That put me in 7th at the windward mark, however I was able to stay attatched to the main pack and on the next downwind I went to work. With my newly aquired skills for sailing downwind I was able to keep the boat moving and worked my way past three boats by the bottom mark. That was a great accomplishment for me and I ended up in fourth in that race overall. There were three races to follow, one of which I fouled into a bad postion, and my scores were 6-2-1 which was enough for second place.

The CISA clinic is an overall great experience and I suggest it to anyone looking to improve their laser skills!

No comments: