Midwinters East, Clearwater, FL

Midwinters East, Clearwater, FL
Midwinters East, Clearwater, FL

Thursday, July 1, 2010

North Americans 2010

Coming home to the cooler weather of Michigan has been a very nice contrast to the Texas sauna! But down to the regatta. After the first day of racing I was in 10th place overall out of about 100 radials. Since that qualified me for gold fleet in the morning when I went to the club, checked the scores again, and saw over the night they had given me two black flags. This means the race committee thought I was over the line early with the black flag up which gives me the number of people sailing plus a couple points. Which means I was now in 59 bumping me back to Silver fleet.

I was very disappointed to say the least, it ruined my chances for placing above 50th and also I could not gather any grand prix points for this regatta. But I went out for the day, thinking that I might as well sail my best and learn what I could and I had a 1-2-1 on the day. I tried different starting techniques to not get called over the line and they payed off. I also learned some valuable strategy for all around racing. So what I got from North Americans was invaluable experience that I can carry on to all my future regattas.

No comments: