Midwinters East, Clearwater, FL

Midwinters East, Clearwater, FL
Midwinters East, Clearwater, FL

Monday, June 7, 2010

Crazy Days

Although my updates have stopped over the last few weeks my life has not! My last day of High School was friday, which felt amazing by the way. I hosted my Open House saturday which took an immense amount of preperation and energy. And last but not least after 12 years of playing I had my final piano recital yesterday. But back to saiing.

Besides working out I have managed to work in some training time. Over Memorial Day Weekend I drove out to Annapolis, Maryland for a training camp with the US Developmental Team. The conditions were rough to say the least. The amount of sailboats and motorboats that were out on the Cheasapeake Bay was incredible. With these large boats contantly traveling back and forth on all sides of us creating a washing machine effect and the wind being light and shifty we had some chanlenging conditions to deal with. However even those these are not great sailing conditions you must know how to sail in light wind and choppy waves. So with top notch coaches helping me learn how to sail as fast as possible, the weekend was a huge help for myself. Also the last day we were treated with 8- 12 knots and had some fun races to end the training session.

No comments: