Midwinters East, Clearwater, FL

Midwinters East, Clearwater, FL
Midwinters East, Clearwater, FL

Sunday, August 22, 2010

CORK Day 2

Today started off slow with a two hour postponement while we waited for the wind to decide what it was going to do. The rain decided to come along for the ride as well, misting consistently all day. However, the first race got off around noon with an 8-10 knot breeze. After having a nice start I could not decide where on the race course I wanted to be which ended up costing me with all the tacks I threw in on the first upwind. I came out of that race with a 6th. The next two races went better, with an idea of what the wind was doing and a little more patience I finished the day off winning the next two races! This means I have qualified for Gold fleet and am feeling ready for next three days of racing to come!

No comments: