Midwinters East, Clearwater, FL

Midwinters East, Clearwater, FL
Midwinters East, Clearwater, FL

Monday, August 23, 2010

Cork Day 3

Windy is a little understatement for the conditions we saw for the three races that were run today. It was the most breeze I have sailed in all year! The first race got off to a good start with a New Zealander and I taking off at the start. We round right next to one another at the windward mark, reached off, and he said goodbye at the jybe mark as my lack off experience in this wind and awkward wave conditions became apparent. I hung on to second for that race. The next start gave me some work to do and after some trying downwinds I finished that race with a 7th, the New Zealander taking 2nd. After a solid 3rd start and a windward mark rounding with the lead group I hung on in the 20-23 knot breeze for a 4th to finish the day, which leaves me in first place by one point ahead of the guy from New Zealand. I have been working on recovering and getting my body ready for more breeze tomorrow!

No comments: