Midwinters East, Clearwater, FL

Midwinters East, Clearwater, FL
Midwinters East, Clearwater, FL

Thursday, August 12, 2010

US Nationals

Today was the first day of racing in Milwaukee, WI. We are sailing on Lake Michigan which is a great place to sail, I love the great lakes! It is like sailing on the open seas except no salt in your eyes or sharks and jelly fish in the water! Nice!

I ended up getting very fortunate with a place to stay, a very nice lady at the Yacht club(Debra) offered me a place to stay when I was hopelessly searching for a spare room at 930 last night. So I have a wonderful house to stay on at the lake and great company.

The sailing today was better than expected with a three hour delay due to no wind. Once out on the race course the wind picked up to a steady 8-10knots from the east. I managed to get two solid races on the day in the lighter air and am looking forward to the rest of the week with an even stronger forecast!

3 comments:

ariel said...

Nice deal! Have fun racing tomorrow!!

ariel said...

My comment worked! First time ever. Today must reeeally be a good day!! :-)

EJ O'Mara said...

Yes it must be:)