Midwinters East, Clearwater, FL

Midwinters East, Clearwater, FL
Midwinters East, Clearwater, FL

Saturday, August 21, 2010

CORK Kingston, ON

The first day of my last planned regatta in a Laser Radial is over! After this I make the push to gain as much weight as possible to sail a Laser Full. Today the wind was a steady 12 - 14 knots. The first race I thought that I could have been OCS(on course side) at the start so I went back and cleared myself. After this I had a lot of work to do so I got my head in the race and started going. I ended up getting a nice righty on the second upwind and managed to come back to 10th. The next race started a bit better coming to the windward mark in 4th. The three that were ahead of me tried the right on the downwind and I passed them on the left. Came to the windward in second and followed the leader until the very last moment where I shot the line and beat him out by a nose!

Goal Check: Earlier in the year my goal was to do well in the North American Grand Prix Points, I am currently sitting in 5th place overall. I am 29 points out of first place. This regatta is worth 30 points towards the grand prix so if I place third I will be tied for first and anything better than that I will be winning! Four more days of racing to come!

No comments: