Midwinters East, Clearwater, FL

Midwinters East, Clearwater, FL
Midwinters East, Clearwater, FL

Thursday, August 26, 2010

CORK FINAL

VICTORY!!! Yesterday concluded CORK OCR, which ended with a forced race in around 2-3 knots of wind. I got off to a solid start but played the course pretty conservatively so I ended up in the high teens around the windward mark. On the first downwind however I pulled off a nice pass of about 15 boats by getting on the right jybe around the windward mark, and taking the pressure straight to the leeward mark! And from then on I had a nice beat to the next windward and was able to keep my position for the finish, increasing my lead to 15 points. Then after about an hour of waiting for more wind the RC called it and I went down in the books as the winner of CORK OCR 2010!

Thanks to all my supporters who helped me out this summer and thought of me as a worthy investment! And to Avon Sailboats for their continued support! I could not have done it without you!

No comments: