Midwinters East, Clearwater, FL

Midwinters East, Clearwater, FL
Midwinters East, Clearwater, FL

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Great Lake Champs/ No Coast Champs

Great Lake Champs in Sandusky, OH was a good time! It was fun to see my friends from Ohio and sail at a nice venue. On Saturday we postponed on shore until three in the afternoon when the race committee decided there was enough wind to go out. We sailed in the harbor right next to Cedar Point in around 3 to 5 knots of breeze with heavy wake from power boats. But it was steady enough to get a race off, after following the leader around three legs of the course I managed to get a pass on the downwind and hold off for the win in the light air! That was the only race for the day but the next one looked promising so RC decided to go for an early start at 9 the next morning. The breeze was around 12 when we got to the race course and it picked up through the day. As it built I got more confident and I managed to pull off four wins on the day! So when the regatta was finished I was throwing out a first place! It was a show of the skill I have developed over the summer, I believe I am becoming a smarter sailor which I am very pleased with.

I could not have done this without my work at No Coast Champs in Colorado where in sailing with the full rigs forced me to look at how I could be smart with my sailing because my boat speed was not equal to my competitors. I also got a better handle on my emotions during a race, learning how to stay calm and focused no matter what happens.

And THANK YOU TO AVON SAILBOATS FOR THEIR SUPPORT!! PICTURES OF NO COAST AND GREAT LAKE CHAMPS COMING SOON

2 comments:

my2fish said...

throwing out a bullet? that almost sounds like you were putting on a seminar to me! congrats on the race, and good luck with your Olympic goals. sounds like you are on the right path!

cheers, my2fish

EJ O'Mara said...

Thank you!